With Summer being officially here and the temperature at 37 Celsium degrees the only thing I think about is vacation! And when it comes to Summer vacation there is nothing better than a Greek island where you can enjoy the sun and the beautifull waters. Making plans for this year brought to my mind memories from other last years vacation in Sifnos.
I don't know about you but for me the tricky part is packing. The question "What do I take with me?" always arises and I find myself wondering in front of an open closet. After many years of overpacking and ending up taking with me sooo many clothes that I never year I think that the rules are simple:
- Always travel light. You don't want to carry a huge travel bag around. Take less, not more. What's the saying? "You'll need to take far fewer clothes and much more money that you think you'll need." I'm usually anxious about not having enough clothes, or not enough variety, etc. and I always end up with stuff I never wear.If you travel with friends you can always borrow some stuff.
- Swimsuits (if you have more than one pair) and an oversize men's white shirt to be worn as a cover-up.
- Straw hat (you might find one at a local market).
- Flip-flops, wedge sandals, espandrilles and only if you can't avoid it take one pair of high heels. Prefer one with wooden heels and make sure you can balance on them!
- Sunglasses and sun block.
- Straw beach bag for day, small purse for night.
- Long dress for dinners and short jersey day dresses. Prefer organic textiles. Sequin dresses are prohibited.